Keeping You Well...
At least 50% of the people who suffer from common causes headaches related treat it via self-medication and do not seek any professional help.
Sometimes it’s either loud music, or it has something to do with your work. You don’t know what can trigger a headache. But in the field of science, everything has an answer! Headaches are defined as a condition where we experience pain in the head often accompanying many diseases and conditions along with emotional distress. Headaches are not restricted to age, gender, or race! It can happen to anyone at any time at any place, but of course, due to some reason!
There are two kinds of headaches, Primary and Secondary Headaches.
Common Causes Headaches
- Physical Exhaustion
- Eye Power
- Brain Tumour
- Brain Freeze
- Blood clots
- Painkiller abuse
- Panic attacks
If headaches occur frequently and are persistent, then you should seek medical help especially if the headache is accompanying other symptoms like fever, concussion, stroke, etc.
There can be certain headaches, which needs to be monitored over a period of time. Here are ways in which you can deal with headaches and diagnose the problem-
- Head packs- Placing an Ice or Hot pack on the head can help reduce the pain.
- Avoid stress- Even if it is under unavoidable circumstances, come up with coping strategies to deal with your stress immediately. Read more on different types of relaxation techniques.
- Sleep well- If you don’t get enough sleep, then your body will obviously react and headache is just one reaction to that.
- Bathe in hot or warm water- This can bring you temporary relief from a prolonged headache as a warm shower will cause the blood vessels to get bigger and enhance blood flow.
- Maintain a headache diary- If the occurrence of headache is too frequent, then start maintaining a headache diary to monitor the pattern and severity of the headaches.
- Acupuncture- According to a study conducted by the Canadian Medical Association Journal, acupuncture helps in reducing days with headaches and migraines and even has lasting effects.
- Meditation- Often, the mind is burdened with stress and thoughts that are too much to handle. This is an effective way to relieve a headache.
- Maintain blood sugar level– This is mainly for those who are pre-diabetic or diabetic. Headache is a common symptom. So please monitor the glucose level in the body accordingly.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter